Are you ready to start your journey as a cabin crew member? Joining Philippine Airlines allows you to take to the skies, providing excellent service while ensuring passenger safety and security.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the cabin crew recruitment process at PAL, giving you valuable tips and insights. We’ll help you meet the necessary requirements and showcase your skills and qualities.
Learn how to deliver exceptional customer service, handle emergencies confidently, and enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package.
Get ready to soar with Philippine Airlines as a cabin crew member and make your dreams take flight!
Embark on an exciting career with Philippine Airlines as a cabin crew member. PAL is currently seeking passionate individuals who love to travel and are committed to providing exceptional service to passengers. As a member of the PAL team, you’ll have the chance to explore the world while prioritizing passenger safety, delivering excellent customer service, and confidently handling emergency situations. PAL will guide you through the recruitment process, helping you meet the necessary requirements and showcase your skills and qualities. Join Philippine Airlines and watch your dreams take flight.
Requirements and Qualifications
Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for a cabin crew position at Philippine Airlines, you need to meet the specific requirements and qualifications set by the company. Safety is our top priority, so it’s essential that you have the necessary knowledge and skills. Here are the qualifications you need:
- Citizenship: You must be a Filipino citizen.
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old.
- Education: A college degree is required, regardless of your field of study.
- Height and Weight: You must meet the height and weight requirements set by the airline.
- Eyesight: Good eyesight is necessary for this role.
- Language Skills: You need to be fluent in both English and Filipino languages.
The application process includes submitting a comprehensive resume, attending interviews and examinations, and completing a training program if you’re selected.
As a cabin crew member, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring passenger safety
- Providing excellent customer service
- Conducting safety demonstrations
- Assisting passengers
- Handling emergency situations
Start your journey to becoming a cabin crew member with Philippine Airlines by submitting a comprehensive resume and attending a preliminary screening and interview. The application process consists of several steps, including a series of medical and physical examinations, as well as a panel interview with PAL management. If selected, you will also need to complete a training program. The table below summarizes the application process:
|1. Submit a comprehensive resume
|2. Attend a preliminary screening and interview
|3. Pass medical and physical examinations
|4. Undergo panel interview with PAL management
|5. Complete training program if selected
It is important to note that safety is a top priority for Philippine Airlines, so the application process includes thorough screening to ensure that only qualified individuals are selected for the cabin crew position.
Skills and Qualities Required
Equip Yourself with Essential Skills and Qualities to Excel as a Cabin Crew Member with Philippine Airlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: As a cabin crew member, effective communication is crucial in ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers. You must be able to clearly and confidently convey information, and build connections with passengers.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in stressful situations: In emergencies or unexpected situations, it’s essential to stay calm and think rationally. Your composure and quick decision-making skills contribute to passenger safety.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making abilities: Cabin crew members often face various challenges and unexpected situations. Being able to think quickly and find solutions is a valuable skill in this role.
- Strong customer service orientation: Providing exceptional customer service is a key responsibility of a cabin crew member. Handling passengers’ needs and inquiries with professionalism, patience, and a friendly demeanor ensures a positive flying experience.
As a cabin crew member with Philippine Airlines, your job responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the safety and security of passengers on board.
- Being prepared to handle emergency situations and provide first aid.
- Delivering exceptional customer service throughout the flight.
- Assisting passengers with their needs and answering their questions.
- Conducting pre-flight safety demonstrations and announcements.
- Remaining calm and composed in stressful situations.
- Having strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrating a commitment to safety and dedication to providing excellent customer service.
Salary, Benefits, and Career Opportunities
As a cabin crew member with Philippine Airlines, you can expect a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and abundant career opportunities.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Salary: Your salary will be based on your flight hours and allowances. It includes basic pay and additional allowances, while deductions like taxes and premiums are subtracted. It’s important to note that flight hours and allowances can vary from month to month.
- Benefits: Philippine Airlines offers an attractive salary and benefits package. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to different destinations. The company also provides training and development programs, allowing you to advance and grow in your career.
- Career Opportunities: Working as a cabin crew member opens up exciting career prospects. You’ll get to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment, gaining valuable experience and skills along the way.
- Safety: Rest assured that Philippine Airlines prioritizes passenger safety. As a cabin crew member, you’ll receive thorough training to ensure the safety and security of passengers on board. You’ll also be prepared to handle emergency situations and provide necessary first aid.
At Philippine Airlines, we value our cabin crew members and provide them with a rewarding and fulfilling career. Join us and embark on an exciting journey in the aviation industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Dress Code for the Preliminary Screening and Interview?
When attending the preliminary screening and interview, it is important to dress professionally in business attire. By presenting yourself in a sharp and polished manner, you can make a positive impression and demonstrate your professionalism to Philippine Airlines. Dressing appropriately shows that you take the opportunity seriously and are ready to embark on a successful journey with the airline. Remember, first impressions matter, so make sure to dress the part and showcase your readiness for the role.
How Long Does the Training Program Typically Last?
The training program typically lasts for a few weeks. During this time, you will acquire important skills such as safety procedures, customer service, and emergency protocols. These skills are crucial for ensuring the well-being of passengers on board.
Are There Any Specific Language Proficiency Requirements for the Position?
Yes, there are specific language proficiency requirements for this position. Fluency in both English and Filipino languages is necessary to effectively communicate with passengers and provide exceptional customer service during the flight. Being able to communicate in these languages is crucial for ensuring a smooth and enjoyable travel experience for everyone onboard.
What Is the Average Number of Flight Hours per Month for Cabin Crew Members?
The average number of flight hours per month for cabin crew members can vary. It’s important to note that safety is the top priority for Philippine Airlines. They ensure proper scheduling and adherence to regulations to ensure the well-being of their crew and passengers. Rest assured that your safety is always taken seriously.
Are There Any Specific Medical Conditions or Physical Attributes That Would Disqualify an Applicant From Being a Cabin Crew Member?
Certain medical conditions or physical attributes may make you ineligible to work as a cabin crew member. These conditions can include serious illnesses, disabilities that affect mobility or communication, and being outside the required height or weight range. Safety is of utmost importance when it comes to cabin crew members.
What does a Job posting look like for a Flight Attendant at Philippine Airlines?
• Notice 1: (For Philippine locals only or those who are authorized to work in the Philippines. We do not sponsor Philippine work visas for cabin crew)
• Notice 2: (We are implementing the One PAL hiring process for cabin crew for both Philippine Airlines and PAL express.) • Notice 3: (All applications must be submitted through this job posting. Linkedin Inmail applications or applications submitted through our corporate email will not be entertained.)
• Notice 4: (This posting is intended only for external applicants only or those who are not actively employed with Philippine Airlines and PAL express. If you are an active employee of Philippine Airlines or PAL express please reach out to your respective Human Capital Business Partners for assistance.) What is a Cabin Crew? Provide excellent and professional customer care to passengers and ensure that comfort and security are prioritized throughout the flight. Cabin crew members are expected to deal with security and emergency situations in a professional and controlled manner which can include administering first aid to passengers. Do You Have What It Takes?
- Must be at least 18-years of age and above
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be able to communicate in English (verbal and written)
- Must have completed 2-years of College/University (Bachelor’s program and above. Diploma and vocational/ certificate programs are not counted)
- With pleasing personality and must have clear complexion
- Preferably with 20/20 vision or with contact lenses but not more than 20/30 and must not be color blind
- No visible tattoos
- Must be willing to work during weekends and including holidays
- Must be willing to be assigned/ stationed within the different Philippine Airlines and/ or PALexpress locations in the Philippines or outside of the country
- Must be willing to complete all necessary pre-employment checks (medical and security) Additional Male Cabin Requirements:
- Must be at least 5’6″ tall
- No make up, no powder, or no foundation
- Must wear corporate suit with classic necktie and classic leather belt
- Must wear corporate socks and with classic, polished leather shoes
- Must have a clean corporate hair cut
- Must have a clean shave
- No colored contact lenses
- No hair coloring
Grooming Tutorials for Men
Additional Female Cabin Requirements:
- Must be at least 5’2″ tall
- Must wear bright red lipstick and appropriate makeup
- No false eyelashes
- Must wear basic corporate attire with a black corporate skirt (knee-length) and black blazer
- Hair must be neatly tied in a bun
- Must wear skin tone stockings
- Black shoes with at least 2-inch heels
- No colored contact lenses
- No hair coloring
Grooming Tutorials for Women:
Reach new heights with Philippine Airlines as a cabin crew member.
PAL is currently recruiting individuals who are passionate about travel and dedicated to providing exceptional service to passengers.
By joining PAL, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the world while being part of a team that prioritizes passenger safety, delivers outstanding customer service, and handles emergency situations with confidence.
PAL will support you throughout the recruitment process, guiding you through the necessary requirements and helping you showcase your skills and qualities.
Start an exciting career with Philippine Airlines and watch as your dreams take flight.